Theatre Without Borders (TWB)
Theatre Without Borders (TWB) is a grass-roots network of international artists, theatres, and organizations that share a common interest in international exchange.
Today, TWB is an international grass-roots community comprised of a wide-spectrum of individual volunteers around the world who meet irregularly and communicate primarily through the Internet and our website. Ideas are generated and then implemented by the group. We start with a need and respond to that need.
We value "Conversation", "Hospitality", and "Information Sharing". We welcome artists at all levels of practice: professionals, academics, amateurs, artists working in countries where there is no such thing as a professional theatre community, and students.
- TWB is an informal group of individual artists around the world who are interested in supporting international theatre exchange
- TWB was born out of a need to connect artists around the world.
- TWB advocates for theatre artists who seem themselves as members of a global community, as well as citizens of their respective nations and cultures.
- TWB works through this website (www.theatrewithoutborders.com) , as well as through public forums to explore and encourage the exchange of international theatre projects and artists.
- TWB works with and supports the activities of other US-based organizations involved with international theatre exchange such as The Martin E Segal Theatre Center, Theatre Communications Group, Brandeis University's Peacebuilding and the Arts Program, La MaMa, I.T.I./The International Theatre Institute, The Center for International Theatre Development, and many others.
- TWB does not represent any political ideology. TWB was created to recognize the universality & diversity of theatrical expression and the need for international artists to maintain dialogue across political boundaries.